Ambient 100w/m2 Electric Underfloor Heating Mat kits offer a cost-effective floor heating solution and are compatible for use on concrete and timber suspended subfloors* (*plywood/moisture proof chipboard)
Primarily designed for use under tiles in bathrooms and en-suites, the 100w/m2 mat system is perfect to take the chill of a cold floor but not to be used as the sole source of heat.
The Ambient Electric Underfloor Heating mat system consists of a thin heating cable which is attached to the Ambient sticky back mesh and spaced at the correct mm spacing for the desired W/m2 output. (available in 100w,150w and 200w output)
Ambient Electric Underfloor Heating kits are comprised of a heating mat, choice of thermostat and kit accessories required for the correct installation of your system â Sizes range from 1m2 to 30m2.
The Ambient Electric Underfloor Heating Sticky Mat uses the same high quality cable as the Ambient Loose Cable kit, the mat kit simply uses a sticky fibreglass mesh to ensure the desired heat output is acheived by spacing the cable at the correct distance. It also makes the installation of the system extremely easy as the mat is simply rolled out to cover the required heating area.
The system uses a series type heating cable with a twin conductor and a cold lead of 2m at one end.
The resistance heating wire is enclosed in an initial fluoropolymer insulation layer, which is itself is wrapped in a protective metal shielding, before being encased in a final plastic outer sheath. The final diameter of the twin conductor cable is 2mm.
The Hot and Cold lead junctions are uniquely designed to make them 100% foolproof.
- Meets all test requirements of IEC 60335.
- CE certified by SGS
- Under floor heating provides heat where required, resulting in optimal heat utilization and minimal losses.
- Can be laid on any area, or any floor layout.
- Close and uniform spacing of heating cables, associated with thermostat controls to select temperature requirements, provides higher comfort.
- Ambient underfloor heating systems are designed to be easy to install, with clear instruction manuals professional technical support and amazing back up.
- A wide range of heat loads and sizes ensure suitability to all kinds of floorings.
Please Note: The following is intended as a guide only. Always refer to the full installation manual for instructions.
- Divide the floor into a series of rectangles. From these measurements you can calculate how many mats youâll need and what sizes. Exclude permanent or static fixtures from your calculations.
- If the floor is screed over concrete, it is advisable to lay insulation boards to minimise heat loss and ensure quicker warm up times.
- Lay the first run. At the end of the run cut the mat leaving the cable intact, turn the mat through 90° or 180° and continue laying. When the area is covered, adjust the mat until the loops are equal distance apart. Now attach the mat to the subfloor using the special tape supplied.
- You will need to install an RCD fused spur which powers the thermostatic controller/programmer and the mat system. Lay the temperature probe from the timer-thermostat onto the floor, equidistant between two of the cable loops, and attach it to the floor surface. Now take the unheated power supply cable from the end of the mat system, which should be positioned near the thermostat. Once all the connections have been made to the power supply, run the heater(s) to ensure they are heating up (no more than 10 minutes).
- Either lay a thin, self-levelling screed over the mat and leave it to dry before laying tiles or trowel flexible tile adhesive directly over the mat and lay the floor tiles. Once the grouting is complete, let the tile adhesive cure before switching on the system.