Mirror Heater installation instructions.
Attaching to the Mirror
- Mark out the back of the mirror to indicate where the demister pad is to be fitted
- Peel off the protective paper exposing the ‘sticky’ side
- Position one edge of the demister pad in the desired position on the mirror, keeping the other edge away from the mirror.
- Gradually lower the pad onto the mirror applying even pressure to ensure that there are no air bubbles or creases formed.
- If the mirror is not framed & is being fitted directly onto the wall, a small recess will need to be made in the wall to compensate for the cold cable connection & to allow the mirror to sit flush.
All wiring must conform to the latest IEE wiring regulations ( BS7671 equivalent) if in doubt always consult a qualified electrician.
- It is recommended that the demister pad is connected via the lighting circuit or on a separate switch.
- The circuit should be protected by a 5amp fuse or circuit breaker
- The wires are coloured as follows: BLUE – Neutral, and BROWN – Live.
- The Demister pad must not be accessible once installed
- Any metal part surrounding the mirror must be earthed & comply with current wiring regulations, this includes metallic mirror safety film (if used).
- Multiple pads may be fitted to a single mirror & should be connected in parallel – pads must not overlap
- Please check the resistance of the Mirror demister before and after attaching it to the wall or mirror. (please see readings bellow)
The demister pad must not be cut or pierced as this may damage the insulation making it unsafe.
|Mirror Heater Code
||Reading (+/- 10%)
||252 x 274
||574 x 274
||519 x 524
||812 x 524
||1004 x 524
||1506 x 524
Please contact your supplier should you require technical assistance.
To download these instructions as a pdf click here