Last updated: 01/12/22
The terms, “Ambient Underfloor Heating”, “www.ambient-elec.co.uk”, “supplier”, “seller”, “retailer”, “us”, “we” or “our” and plurals of, refers to the website, Ambient Underfloor Heating. The terms; “receiver”, “purchaser”, “customer”, “you”, “your” or “user” and plurals, refers to the person who places an order, receive a delivery, uses our Website or services or contacts us in the manner of purchasing goods.
These terms and conditions apply to every order placed with www.ambient-elec.co.uk, via phone, via email or any other Ambient Underfloor Heating related online portal and the use of www.ambient-elec.co.uk Website (“Website”).
We may change these terms without notice to you concerning future orders (please check the Website for an up-to-date version of our terms and conditions), these will be to reflect changes in our services and this Website.
These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Information about us and the Website
www.ambient-elec.co.uk is operated by Ambient Underfloor Heating ("we" "us"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05687171 and with our registered office at Highbourne House, Eldon Way, Crick Industrial Estate, Crick, Northampton NN6 7SL, email address email@example.com. Our main trading address and office are located at Unit 12, Carnival Park, Carnival Close, Basildon, Essex SS14 3WN. Our VAT number is 331038444.
Please read these conditions carefully before placing your order or using the Website. By using us or shopping through the Website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
When you place an order to purchase a Product ("Products") from www.ambient-elec.co.uk, your order represents an offer to us to purchase a Product and all orders are subject to acceptance by us after processing.
After placing an order online, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order.
Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted or that a contract has been made. We will confirm acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that we have accepted your order and inform you when the Product is or will be ready for dispatch ("Order Confirmation"). The contract between us ("Contract") will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
The Contract will relate only to those Products we confirm in the Order Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply the remaining Products which may have been part of your order until confirmed in a separate Order Confirmation.
With regards to Orders placed via telephone or in-person on our premises, the above relevant conditions shall apply. From the time you take receipt of your Invoice, you have from then until the time of delivery to inform us (either in writing or by telephone) that you do not accept our terms and conditions. In these circumstances, your order will be cancelled accordingly.
Right of cancellation
You are entitled to cancel a Contract within 14 days, as set out below. This means that during that time if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
- This cancellation right does not apply to goods made to your specification or any Products which are perishable or become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery. For further details please see our returns policy.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Order Confirmation (the date on which we email you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out below:
- Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days). The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
- Your Contract is for either of the following one Product which is delivered in instalments on separate days, or multiple Products which are delivered on separate days. The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
- Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period. The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.
- To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number requesting to cancel the order. If you use this method we will email you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
- You can also contact our Customer Services team by telephone at 01268 567016 or by post to Ambient Underfloor Heating, Unit 12, Carnival Park, Carnival Close, Basildon, Essex SS14 3WN. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include your order number and details to help us to identify your order. If you send us your cancellation notice by email or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or email us before midnight on that day.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Products supplied, if the loss is a result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Products supplied.
- Unless the Product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If you have returned the Product to us under this condition because they are faulty or misdescribed, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
- If you are a consumer, neither this paragraph nor anything else in these Terms affects your statutory rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Product description and price
The Product description, specification and price of the goods you order will be shown on our Website at the time you place your order.
All descriptive information, specifications and advertising on our site are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. All specifications given to the customer are the closest approximate and intended as a guide only. We aim to ensure that all of our Product descriptions are correct, however, advise customers to refer to technical advice from qualified sources before ordering Products and any work to be carried out.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
All images that are used upon www.ambient-elec.co.uk or any of our affiliated Websites or online selling platforms are owned by us through copyright and may not be used, in part or in full, except by express permission in writing by us.
The goods are subject to availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by email or phone if any Products you order turn out to be unavailable. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example, because that Product is no longer in stock, no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date, we reserve the right to supply substitute goods of at least equivalent quality and price. If no suitable substitute is available, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If we are unable to process your order and you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Every effort is made to ensure the prices shown on our Website are accurate at the time you place your order. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation.
Prices include VAT (unless otherwise indicated) and state whether standard delivery costs are included. Please see our Delivery Information for more details.
We are under no obligation to provide a Product to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the pricing error could have reasonably been recognised as a mispricing, however, we will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method available on our Website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due before the order is shipped and payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, a breach of which shall entitle us to terminate the contract immediately.
The order will not be shipped until cleared funds are received.
Payments shall be made by you without any deduction whatsoever unless you have a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by us to you.
On a case-by-case basis, we may allow you to place a deposit to reserve an order. This might be for, but not limited to, designing/manufacturing/sourcing/buyer bespoke or non-stocked Products for special orders. Our standard deposit is 30% of your gross order value, however, this is subject to change depending on the nature of the order.
Price Match Promise
Our Price Match Promise states if you find another brand with a price as good or better than us, we'll be happy to slash our prices to match.
How to qualify?
- The competitor's Product must be identical (or directly comparable) to the Product sold on our site.
- The competitor's Product must be in stock at the time of the price matching.
- The competitor’s price must still be lower after any additional shipping costs or VAT is added.
- The competitor's price excludes quantity or membership discounts.
- If a price you'd like matched is valid through a voucher-type discount or promotion, that discount must be live and visible to all site visitors at the time of the price matching.
- The competitor is not within our reseller program.
For more information, please check our Price Match Promise guarantee.
Discounts & promotions
From time to time, we may offer discount codes and promotions on selected Products and ranges. These promotions are subject to availability, can be withdrawn at any time and cannot be used in conjunction with another promotion, discount or our Price Match Promise.
Risk and title
The Products will remain at our risk until they come into the possession of either you or a person identified by you to take physical possession of the Products. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order.
Orders placed before 16:00 on a working day (this is Monday to Friday, excluding all bank or other public holidays) will normally be processed that day and will be delivered as per the requested delivery option provided no additional security checks are required and all stock items are available.
Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery, such as our third-party couriers not being able to deliver on time. In this case, as long as we are kept informed, we will inform you as soon as possible. We advise that all customers have their materials before booking a tradesman.
For deliveries that cannot be made to your address for reasons under our control, we will inform you as soon as possible.
All deliveries will be considered as received in good condition unless you specifically sign as “damaged”, “unchecked” or as such. Liability will not be accepted if delivery is not signed for under the correct received status. Any damages, shortages or incorrect items must be reported to us within 48 hours of signing for your delivery, we will not accept responsibility for any missing or damaged Products after this time.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer next-day delivery on any of our pallet deals, shower trays, Lustrolite panels, heat pumps or water cylinders.
Please be advised that due to the size and weight of large orders, they may be palletised to ensure your goods are delivered safely and securely. You will receive an email confirming this before the dispatch of your order. All pallet deliveries are classed as kerbside deliveries. The goods will be delivered as close as possible to your front door. If the location is unreachable for any reason, such as a narrow street, up a flight of stairs, gravel drive, or any other obstruction, delivery will either be rescheduled or made as near to your property as possible. Unfortunately, the driver is not insured to take the goods inside your property.
We strongly advise that at least two people are available to accept the delivery to carry the goods inside.
30-day money-back guarantee: Items should be returned unused, in a saleable condition, with their original packaging and with all component parts and any promotional items received. You must also include a completed returns form with your invoice number for us to facilitate a refund.
Orders can be cancelled within 14 days of delivery.
Products must be returned within 14 days of cancelling your order.
Important: we cannot accept any returned products without a returns form!
You can return Products in the following ways:
- Return to our store in person: Units 11 & 12, Carnival Close, Carnival Park, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3WN. Return your item(s) along with your completed returns form and we can process your return in-store.
- Return by registered post: Post your unwanted item(s) to: Ambient Underfloor Heating, Units 11 & 12, Carnival Close, Carnival Park, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3WN. You must also include a completed returns form with your invoice number for us to facilitate a refund.
- Return by carrier collection: If we have supplied an incorrect item you can either: call us on 01268 567016 with your invoice number or email us at email@example.com with your invoice number. We will arrange collection or you can return the item(s) by registered post (we will refund the postage cost).
Collection for large unwanted items: We will gladly replace any Products returned to us which are found to be faulty. Any unwanted items or items ordered incorrectly must be returned within 30 days of delivery, no refunds or exchanges will be made after this date.
We cannot accept any returned Tile Adhesive, Self Levelling Compounds or Grouts whatsoever as these materials must be stored in a controlled environment and are considered perishable goods. We cannot accept returns of any bespoke items that we sell, such as our wet room shower screens or Lustrolite wall panels as they are made to your specification. Once the Product has been received we cannot take any responsibility for the storage of these Products.
All returned mats/cables must be in the original condition on return (i.e.; not unrolled or cut in any way). If an item is returned to us and found to have been used in any way, we cannot take any responsibility for this Product, and there will be a charge applied for the return of the Products to you.
Download Returns Form
Our non-transferable warranties belong to you as an individual buyer and do not transfer upon selling the Product, nor do they transfer when you come to sell your home or venue with the Product installed. Proof of warranty will be requested from the customer upon all warranty claims and is a. Our warranties differ on a whole host of different products and product ranges, for more comprehensive information, please see our dedicated Warranty section.
Terms of heating design, quotation and sale
Ambient Underfloor Heating offer a free bespoke design service for your project or installation. All information and quotations supplied are given based on information that has been provided to us and we cannot be held responsible for defects in the quotation or supply or equipment as a result of misinformation. Any technical information provided is given independently in good faith.
- All measurements and calculations are following the plans as provided to us at the time of design however, Ambient Underfloor Heating cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any detail as shown.
- It is assumed that the minimum insulation standards of the building to heated is following the current Part L1A of the Building Regulations or better on new installations.
- All system heat output figures are based on the performance data as shown in the current Ambient Underfloor Heating Technical Installation Guide and have been calculated in line with BS EN1264 1-4.
- No allowance has been made for any additional insulation materials that may be required under either the current Building Regulations or BS EN1264 1-4.
- The pipe coil allocation that has been made in this estimate is based on the room size and connection length detail as entered in the original design tool. Any substantial deviation away from the original design criteria may during the installation process may result in differing pipe circuit lengths and therefore potential pipe shortages.
- In rooms with large areas of glazing and therefore higher levels of heat loss, some form of supplementary heating may be required during periods of exceptionally cold weather. If unsure, please check with an independent heating engineer who can run an SAP calculation.
- In bathrooms and en-suites, an additional towel rail is recommended to complement the underfloor heating system when necessary.
- For this design, it is assumed that the overall floor resistance value of any floor coverings does not exceed 1.5 Tog (0.15m2K/W).
Applications to have a Trade Account will be accepted at Ambient Underfloor Heating’s sole discretion. Ambient Underfloor Heating reserves the right to refuse any application, as well as pre-existing accounts for any reason deemed appropriate.
Trade Account holders may, at any time and without prior notice, be both upgraded or degraded from their current membership status, this will change the benefits and discounts available to you.
Terms of Website use
We will do our utmost to ensure that the availability of the Website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to the Website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new functionality or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
Licence for Website access
www.ambient-elec.co.uk grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this Website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it except with express written consent of www.ambient-elec.co.uk. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this Website or its contents; any collection and use of any Product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this Website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Website or any portion of this Website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of www.ambient-elec.co.uk without express written consent. External widgets used on the website may not use hidden links on www.ambient-elec.co.uk to link back to your external website without our express written consent. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or licence granted by us. You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to any www.ambient-elec.co.uk web page as long as the link does not portray use, the Website or our Products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
You must not use the Website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the Website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the Website for any of the following:
fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam" to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
All content included on the Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is our exclusive property or that of our affiliates or content suppliers and is protected by the United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this Website is our property or that of our affiliates or our software suppliers and is protected by the United Kingdom and international copyright laws. You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Website without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this Website, without our express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (e.g. our prices and Product listings) parts of this Website without our express written consent.
As between you and us, all intellectual property in the Products which exists now or at any time in the future shall belong to us or our licensors.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless we are negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
Your payment details are only entered once on a secure order processing page, we do not keep or collect any card details from you directly.
We collect only the basic personal details required to process your order and we will not use your details for marketing purposes without explicit consent or pass your details on to external companies, organisations or individuals.