Ensure the application area is thoroughly dry and in a sound and stable condition. The surface must be free from contaminants that may hinder adhesion such as dust, oils and grease. All laitance and surface treatments must be removed. Surfaces must be roughened by mechanical scabbing to enhance the key. All surfaces should be free from dust and thoroughly clean before the primer is applied. Underfloor heating must be switched off for at least 48 hours before and after application. When applying UltraTileFix ProPrimer onto a calcium sulphate screed the following preparation should also be considered in addition to the above. It is particularly important that calcium sulphate screeds are ensured dry and below 75 percent RH. These screeds are also prone to surface laitance and therefore should be mechanically abraded to remove this weak surface.
Suitable surfaces & substrates:
- Concrete (porous)
- Sand/cement screed (porous)
- Plywood overlay (15mm min, non-porous)
- Tile backer boards (porous)
- Cement faced fibre boards (porous)
- Anhydrite screeds (porous)
- Tile on Tile (non-porous)*
- Firm and stable plaster (porous)
- Plasterboard (porous)
- Sand/cement render (porous)
- Concrete brick/block (porous)
- Hard vinyl tiles (non-porous)
- Flooring grade asphalt (non-porous)
The product should be applied using a brush or roller and scrubbed well into the surface to avoid pooling. Allow to fully dry. For multi-coats, ensure each coat dries before you apply the next.