Warmup® StickyMat™ underfloor heating system is suitable for all projects: new-build, retrofits and refurbishments. The StickyMat System consists of a thin loose wire evenly spaced and taped to a glass fibre mesh with pressure sensitive adhesive, reducing installation time by 35%, for the fastest and most secure installation method of electric underfloor heating.
Choose your mat system to cover around 90% of your open floor area, and then select the Warmup thermostat of your choice to control the system.
|Heater construction||Sticky fibreglass mesh with pre-spaced dual core earth screened cable|
|Operating voltage||220-240V; 50Hz|
|Mat width||500mm (0.5 metre)|
|Inner insulation||Advanced fluoropolymer (ETFE)|
|Outer insulation||Advanced fluoropolymer (ETFE)|
|Cold tail length (connection lead)||3m|
|Heater maximum temperature||55°C/131°F|
|Approvals||ASTA BEAB, KEMA & GS|
Please Note: The following is intended as a guide only. Always refer to the full installation manual for instructions.
- Divide the floor into a series of rectangles. From these measurements you can calculate how many mats you'll need and what sizes. Exclude permanent or static fixtures from your calculations.
- If the floor is screed over concrete, it is advisable to lay insulation boards to minimise heat loss and ensure quicker warm up times.
- Lay the first run. At the end of the run cut the mat leaving the cable intact, turn the mat through 90° or 180° and continue laying. When the area is covered, adjust the mat until the loops are equal distance apart. Now attach the mat to the subfloor using the special tape supplied.
- You will need to install an RCD fused spur which powers the thermostatic controller/programmer and the matting system heating element network. Lay the temperature probe from the timer-thermostat onto the floor, equidistant between two of the cable loops, and attach it to the floor surface. Now take the unheated power supply cable from the end of the matting system, which should be positioned near the thermostat. Once all the connections have been made to the power supply, run the heater(s) to ensure they are heating up (no more than 10 minutes).
- Either lay a thin, self-levelling screed over the mat and leave it to dry before laying tiles or trowel flexible tile adhesive directly over the mat and lay the floor tiles. Once the grouting is complete, let the tile adhesive cure before switching on the system.